Thursday, July 14, 2011

Roadtrip to CHA! Pennat contest

The Cricut circle blog is having a pennant contest for cricle members. The ‘pennant’ you are creating is a way for you to showcase your state, country, or providence. They will use all the pennants to decorate the room and make one giant banner. The requirements were the theme: The pennant should be your representation of the state, providence or country of your choosing and The pennant shape is from the BIRTHDAY BASH CARTRIDGE. The ‘pennants’ that can be used are in the font sections on pages 58-70. Please use a ‘fit to page’ for a 12×12 inch piece of paper. Pennants larger than 12×12 will be disqualified.
Although I have had an ide in my head I hadn't decided until Monday that I would enter and the pennant has to be in West Jordan by end of day on the 18th of July. I worked on this for about an hour half every day this week and was able to finish this evening. I will take it to the post office tomorrow and mail it with speedy delivery and confirmation so I know that it got there. ">
I picked Utah for my theme for obvious reasons ( I live here) and knew that it had to have bees and a beehive. Since we are the Beehive state. I used the bees and beehive from the create a critter cricut cartridge, cutting the bees in different sizes. I found some glitter card stock and Roberts that I used on the bees to make them stand out bit. The banner at the top was cut from birthday bash and I cut the bird off. The whole Utah banner was just me putting random stuff together and liking it. I decided since Provo craft in in Utah and crickets play an important role in Utah history that the circle bug head just had to be on there. I found a Utah state map online and decided to add that to the background. Also the sego lilies are from a picture I found online. The bees were attached with wire so they would wiggle a bit. After getting it altogether it was still missing something at the top. I decided that it needed sea gulls and with the help of a friend I was able to find the perfect stickers. I really like the way it all came together.

No comments: