Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cricut Collectible Challenge! Magazine Challenge #1

The June Magazine challenge over on the Cricut Circle Blog is to dress up the Vinyl Cricut Collectible. We thought it might be fun to give you the chance to play “dress-up”! Our newest challenge will be crazy fun! We want you to dress up any of the Cricut Collectibles, any way you would like. You can dress them up with Cricut cuts, deck them out with fun embellishments and even create a fun landscape to go along with your theme. The best part (besides the prize) is… we will use your collectible in our July magazine on the Design Team page. Challenge Rules: Please use at least 3 Cricut Cuts in “dressing up” your collectible from any cartridges you choose. You have seen the fun things we have done with the collectibles since last fall and now it’s your turn! You can take a picture of your “dressed” collectible out and about or create a little oasis for it. Please upload a working link or picture of your project to the blog under the Magazine Challenge tab. Entry deadline is June 16th, 2012. You are welcome to submit as many entries as you would like. If you use Cricut Craft Room design tool, save your file so if you win, we can share it with the Circle members! The winner of this challenge will receive $150.00 credit to Cricut.com and your project picture will be featured in the magazine!
I decided since June was the month for wedding that I would dress my collectibles up as bride and groom.

I started with the paper doll dress up cartridge for their clothes. I had to alter each outfit a bit to get just the right fit. 

For the bride I used glitter paper for her dress and vellum for the veil. I added some crystals to the dress and the veil to make it sparkle. Her bouquet was some computer clip art.

For the groom I just used black paper white paper and glitter pen. I added a flower and some bling for sparkle.

I used the Spring Cottage seasonal cartridge to make the gazebo and the fence scene.

The vines are from the Paper Doll Dress up cartridge with the same flowers used for brides bouquet. I also added gold glitter bling to the center of the flowers to make them pop.

I decided that no wedding could be complete without the getaway car.
I created this one from the paper play cartridge an added the just married from Sweethearts.
After looking at it for a I bit I figured it needed some cans tied to the back. I made these tin foil that I rolled up with the cuttle bug quilling tool. Then I added paper to make them look like cans.

and now the happy couple are on their to a cricut honeymoon
 

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Cricut!
 

11 comments:

Scrappin with the bug said...

Sooo adorable I love the sparkles on her dress and the tux is perfect. Great job. I love the back ground too.

scrapaholicjen said...

Wow - adorable wedding scene Cammie! Good luck on the challenge!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Oh, my goodness! What a wonderful project! All the scenery, costumes, props...everything is awesome! Great work! Good luck!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@gmail.com

Helen said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cute!!!! Love it!!!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

This is adorable! Love the outfits!!

L.B. said...

okay they even have soda cans coming off the back of the car...to to funny. Love this. Her wedding dress is so great!

cdm317 said...

They are so cute! Love the car and background!

KAT said...

you have such an imagination...this is great.

Scrapperdee said...

LOVE the bling and how the groom's accessories match the bride's skin-tone ;)

Mary G. said...

I love this, they are sooo adorable!! Great job!

Ladybug said...

OMG, this is just beautiful. Did you win in your category? You should've!!! :-)

I'm your newest follower. Looking forward to checkin' out your awesome blog, some more! TFS! :-)