Saturday, May 21, 2011

Birthday Cake pop up card

Here is a birthday card I made for a customer of my mine for his girlfriend's birthday. I was told she likes pink, purple and sunglasses and with that I was able to come up with this design for the outside of the card. The sunglasses were cut from the Paisley cartridge with solid color paper. I made the "glass: part with purple foiled paper so they would reflect like sunglasses. It gave it that little pop it needed. The bling was added to the side with my I-Rock gem setter by Imaginisce


For the inside I used the birthday cake pop up from the Everyday Pop up cards (page 84)


As with the table and vase card I was able to use the additional instructions as a better guide as to how to put this one together.


Here is my final project. I was able to make the frosting piece out of a coordinating paper from the front of the card and keep it pink and purple.


Closing the card


It's all flat now


There is a little bit of spring to the card


a better look at it all opened again


The more I use this cartridge the more I am starting to like it and the additional instructions really help. If you are on the fence with this one I would get off the fence and hurry to your local scrapbook store and buy it. Or you get it here

1 comment:

Susan said...

i know you did this a long time ago but I just got this cart and am making this cake. Not sure where the piece with the 4 tabs go????
Susan