Friday, May 20, 2011

Pop up Mother's Day Card Table and Vase

I made this card for my mom for Mother's Day using the Cricut Everyday Popup cards cartridge and the Mother's Day Bouquet Cartridge. The outside was prety easy to make I jsut cut a few different flowers out of different colors and different sizes and stuck them together with a jeweled brad. I then cut the Happy Mother's Day from the Mother's Day 2010 cartridge.




It was the inside that was a little tricky and I must say it took me three days and a lot of frustration to figure it out. The handbook that came with the cartridge does not have any decorations what so ever. I searched all over the net to see if someone had made this and could shine a light on how it's done. Some one out there came up with a complete diagram of these cards to give some idea how it's made. You can see them here:



http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/jwmech/Provo%20Craft/
The instructions still are not the greatest with some of this images but it's at least something. Here it is all glued together on the inside of the card. I recommend using something fast drying that sticks super well. I htink my main problem was the adhesive I was using. I finally broke down and used my Elmers glue and let it dry forever.





I do think it turned out quite well and I am very pleased with the results. I don't know if I will ever make this one again though. Did I mention it took me 3 days to get it right?



I also recommend using super stiff paper for the little peice under the table as this is what will hold the edges of the table up so when you open it you have flat table and the vase sits on top.


I think I am going to like this cartridge very much.

No comments: